Call for Nominations for ABSNC Director and Public Member
Join us in the ABSNC mission to promote excellence in health care through rigorous accreditation processes. The ABSNC is seeking candidates for a Director and Public Member to fill positions on the ABSNC Board of Directors. Self-nominations are encouraged. The Directors elected will serve three-year terms of office beginning July 1, 2020.
Eligibility for RN Board of Directors Positions
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing; advanced degree in nursing preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in certification
- Sponsoring organization must maintain ABSNC-accredited status
Responsibilities of ABSNC Directors
- Participate in two in-person Board of Directors meetings. The meetings are held in conjunction with the ABNS spring and fall meetings on the day preceding ABNS activities. On occasion conference call meetings may be scheduled.
- Elect the President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer of the ABSNC.
- Review accreditation and re-accreditation applications.
- Make decisions regarding the governance and business of the organization.
- Promote the success of the ABSNC.
ABSNC-accredited programs are required to sponsor representative Board members and support travel expenses for the in-person Board meetings. As needed the ABSNC may sponsor a portion of the expense.
The Public Member is appointed by the Board of Directors from among individuals recommended by the Board or other members. Public members represent the best interests of the public and, therefore should not be a current or past employee of or consultant to any member organization; a past or present employee of a testing vendor nor a nurse or other healthcare professional.
Questions regarding the nomination process, should be directed to the ABSNC office at email@example.com.
All nominations and contact information must be received by the ABSNC office, no later than February 15, 2020. All individuals nominated must submit the completed required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directors will be elected by ABSNC-accredited programs at the spring ABNS business meeting.